Some notes about publishing collections:
- A compliant collection must have one or more spatial indexes of type
2dsphere. Any collection without an indexed field of type
2dspherewill be ignored.
- When examining compliant collections, the schema store will be queried for an existing schema by using the collection name as the schema name. If a schema exists it is utilized otherwise it is inferred from the collection and cached to the schema store for reuse.
- When generating a schema, objects and values in arrays are ignored. Indexes on arrays are also ignored. The only exception is the arrays of coordinates used by geometries, which are parsed as such.
- A new collection can be created in the database by selecting the “Create new feature type link” when selecting a layer to publish. This should not be utilized to manually define a schema for an existing collection.
- A collection must have its underlying coordinate system set to EPSG:4326 (WGS84, latitude/longitude).
The following GeoJSON geometry encodings are valid:
GeoJSON multigeometry variants are only supported for MongDB version 2.5 and newer.
The following Java equivalents of BSON types are valid: